Wednesday 14 September 2016

Struggling Worms C:

Struggling Worms


Standing outside in piles of leave skeletons,
just staring at the random bugs
struggling to live in the makariri weather
of Greymouth
Te marama marshmallow clouds covering
parts of the pale blue sky,
not blocking the cold hard wind
Freakish worms covered in minuscule stones,
trying to get out of the freezing wind of autumn
Birds chirping at each other like mums over a
cup of coffee
Green grass getting trodden on by kids playing tag,
while the leaves fly around them.


By Fern The Rad
2016

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem Fern.I loved it! my favourite part is "the birds chirping at each other like mums over a cup of coffee" so wonderful.Love mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Fern, Its Phoebe here.
    I like that you had a little bit of Te Reo Maori in it. I think you did a really good job on your post. I look forward to seeing more posts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.